CenterPoint’s legacy began with the arrival of the first pioneers in the Davis County area and continued through the creation of Ralph Rodger’s Pages Lane Theater founded in 1990 and Davis County Performing Arts Corporation with its inception in 1996. With the success of the small Rodgers Memorial venue and the support of our South Davis County community, a case was made for a regional performing arts center, which resulted in our current home, the Davis Center for the Performing Arts.
We boast a 62,000 square foot, multi-venue theater facility, located in Centerville UT. The facility contains a main stage theater inclusive of a Gala Lift, an intimate black box theater, a small outdoor amphitheater, and various support spaces such as rehearsal halls, dressing rooms, and set/costume construction areas.
In a given year, we are able to expose over 500 performers to the unique experience of live theatre. Our volunteers double that number in support back stage and behind the scenes.
CenterPoint Theatre gives back to the community not only through providing outlets for youth and volunteerism but through the many programs available to the community such as our Acting Academy for youth, “Friend to Friend” a special needs program which offers local disabled children an artistic experience free of charge, “Fairytale Festival” promoting imagination and story telling for youth, and our “BRAVO!” program which provides a unique educational theatre experience for High School Students in Davis County.
CenterPoint continues to grow dramatically each season in ticket sales and with the generous support of the citizens of the Davis area, Davis County, Northern Utah, the George S. and Delores Dore Eccles Foundation, Utah Division of Arts and Museums, the LDS Church along with many generous foundation donors, the Centerville Redevelopment Agency, local businesses, and individual donors.
Why Choose CenterPoint Academy?
- Well-designed, robust curriculum Full spectrum of acting, voice, and dance classes with a logical progression for ‘triple threat’ artists or those who prefer to specialize
- Comprehensive educational experience Learn-Practice-Perform model that fosters learning and growth in students of all ages and abilities
- Superior faculty Advanced education, abundant teaching experience, strong performance background. Click here to meet our instructors.
- Small class size Individual attention and ‘time in the spotlight’ for every single student
- State-of-the-art facility Safe, friendly environment with well-equipped classrooms and multiple performance spaces
- Performing skills = life skills Increased confidence, stronger self-esteem, enhanced social skills, heightened creativity and self-expression, expanded problem solving ability, greater appreciation of the arts for every student
- Talent development to last a lifetime Performance ability to use and enjoy for years to come, onstage and off
- Affordable Competitive pricing and discounts for multiple students and multiple classes
For more information please contact Danny and Wendy Inkley, CenterPoint Academy Directors, at academy@CPTUtah.org.